Sunday, February 3, 2013

Family

So lately I have been thinking a lot.
That usually leads to Blah.
Nonetheless, here it goes.

Church.
Church family.
Its great . Go for it. Awesome.
Maybe Its cause I have never really experienced Church family.
Carl and I are trying to make that change.. this year we want to get involved and find a church home.

BUT sometimes Church family is weird. strange.
You see people taking care of people so well and loving them and doing life with them... but then you see them doing the complete opposite with their family.

I have also seen this with friends.. Friends taking care of each other like a family.. yet their real family is just let to fend for themselves.

SO here are my thoughts.
I have made it a goal this year to really get involved in my nephew and nieces lives. Also my sisters. And ALSO my parents :)

I am going to try to treat my family as well as I treat the "people of the church"

Cause quite frankly you should be REALLY cautious of people who treat their "church family " so good and then write their immediate family off.

NOW this is not an angry post and I KNOW there are exceptions .. sometimes people do not have a family or their family just sucks.. and all they have is their church...

BUT when your family does not suck ( mine is awesome ) I feel called to put them first. This is something I am just learning and REALLY hope with discipline I can be better at this! I just do not want to be known as That person or family who treats their church great but their family eh.. who's that? just an observation.











1 Tim 5:8 







But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

No comments:

Post a Comment